1. Code Of Practice
Complaints are welcomed as a means of ensuring that we overcome problems encountered by clients, and provide an opportunity to improve the operation and delivery of our training programs.
Where a student has an academic complaint or concern, they should contact their teacher in the first instance, and then fill out a complaint form (available at reception), which is forwarded to the Head of School. A meeting will then be arranged.
Complaints about fellow students should be referred to the teacher or Class Captain in the same way, and a meeting with the Head of School and student will be arranged to address the problem through a mediation process.
In the event of a complaint against the organisation, staff or a student involving a breach of civil law, the complainant should contact the Head of School immediately. If it is not resolved, then it should be referred to the appropriate Government Agency.
An independent third party for handling student complaints will be made available to students if requested or if Massage Schools of Queensland (MSQ) deems it necessary to do so.
Students may nominate a person of their choosing to accompany or represent them in any complaint process.
Our complaint resolution process does not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies.
MSQ will act upon any complaints found to be substantiated.
Students can appeal against a result for any subject or course within twenty-one (21) days of the issue of results.
Students should be aware that our registration as a training provider is dependent on providing quality training services, having appropriate resources and maintaining assessment procedures which meet the standards established by Australian Quality Training Framework.
We maintain the highest ethical standards in marketing, advertising, administration and delivery of courses. We take great pride in our reputation and assure our clients of our commitment to these standards. In the event of an appeal, the student should contact their teacher and request to fill out an appeal form which is then forwarded to the Head of School. If the appeal is not resolved, it will go before an independent panel so that the student can address his/her issue. A written response to the appeal will be given to the student within 14 days.
Massage Schools of Queensland (MSQ) provides the highest standards of services. This means that the trainers conducting our courses have appropriate qualifications, experience and ability to satisfy recognised professional industry performance standards. We provide a suitable learning environment, using modern facilities and equipment, and provide high quality courses using proven training methods and the most up-to-date information based on current research.
Feedback is obtained from students to ensure that we are meeting their needs. Training methods are reviewed continuously to maintain improvement. Support services are available in the form of tutorial assistance and telephone advice throughout any course to enable students to overcome any problems encountered.
Student Conduct and Discipline
Students are required to observe any lawful direction given by a staff member in order to ensure the safety of individuals and the orderly conduct of learning programs delivered by MSQ.
For a full copy of the Code of Practice and Code of Conduct please see the Student Handbook (Link to Student Handbook).
2. Privacy and Access to Records
Massage Schools of Queensland abides by the principles of the Privacy Act, however the organisation may be required to provide student contact details to State or Federal authorised personnel for the purpose of audit or upholding the law. Where a student confides in a staff member, the information should not be discussed with or revealed to others, except where this is necessary to take action or decisions concerning the student who has provided the information.
Student’s records are kept in a secure location access to files is restricted to Management and Administration. Students can request to view their files at any time in the company of one of the above members of staff.
3. Refund Policy
Applicants must advise Massage Schools of Queensland (MSQ) in writing of their intention to withdraw from a course.
- For written cancellation received three (3) or more weeks prior to commencement of a full time course, a full refund of fees less $200 Application Fee will be made.
- For written cancellation received three (3) or more weeks prior to commencement of a short course, deposit of $150 is not refundable.
- For cancellation less than three (3) weeks prior to commencement of a course, fees paid are non- refundable.
- Fees paid are non-refundable.
- For cancellation due to medical/emergency reasons only, students must attend an interview with the Head of School. Any fees or unused portion thereof may be held in credit for students’ use within a 12 month period, and an administration fee will apply.
- Where a course is cancelled for any reason by Massage Schools of Queensland, and alternative courses do not suit the applicant, a full refund of fees paid will be made.
- All student fees will be processed through a separate banking account for auditing purposes.
How to apply refund
- ”Application for Refund” form and “Application for Withdrawal & Request for Release Letter” form must be completed in full, signed and dated by student and returned to Head of School.
- Refunds are only paid in Australian dollars.
- Requests for refunds from OSHC must be made to OSHC provider.
- Refunds will be paid directly to the person who enters into the contract with MSQ about the student, unless the person gives a written direction to MSQ to pay the refund to someone else.
- These forms are available from reception or may be downloaded from our website: www.massageschools.com.au or requested via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application for refund will be reviewed by the Head of School or as delegated and if warranted will be authorised for payment.
- The completed form must be submitted to the International Student Officer or via email (as above).
- This agreement and the availability of our complaints and appeals processes do not remove the students’ rights to take action under the Australian consumer protection laws.
If any course is cancelled or deferred and does not start on the agreed starting day or is started but terminated before it is complete for whatever reason, MSQ will refund the unused portion of prepaid course money in accordance with the provisions of Sections 27 and 29 of the ESOS Act 2000. Alternatively a place on an alternative course with another provider may be offered at no extra cost to the student. The student has the right to choose a partial refund or a place at another institution.
In the case of a refund requested and approved for any other reason, the refund will be paid in accordance with the provisions of Sections 27 and 29 of the ESOS Act 2000.
If MSQ is unable to provide a refund or a place in an alternative course the Tuition Protection Service (TPS), will place the student in a suitable alternative course or as a last resort, provide refunds of unexpended prepaid tuition fees.
FEES NON REFUNDABLE
- Enrolment fee and Material fee are all non-refundable.
- Massage Schools of Queensland agrees to refund all prepaid course fees without deduction within two weeks where Massage Schools of Queensland cancels the course or the commencement of the course is postponed, and alternative courses do not suit the applicant.
- Massage Schools of Queensland agrees to a full refund less $200 Enrolment Fee and $200 Materials Fee within two weeks where the student produces evidence where the application made by the student for a visa was rejected by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
- The student has mistakenly paid more than 50% of total tuition fees for a course prior to commencement, MSQ will refund excess payment amount.
- MSQ has withdrawn its offer to applicant where it was found that false or misleading or incorrect or incomplete information has been provided on application (this is prior to course commencement)
- Massage Schools of Queensland agrees to a full refund less $200 Enrolment Fee and $200 Materials Fee where there is a death of a close family member of the student. To be considered, the death must be either a parent, a sibling, a spouse or their child and the student must not have commenced the course.
- Prior to course commencement, there are political, civil or natural events that have affected the students’ country and family. This request for refund will be reviewed and considered by the head of school. It is the head of school’s discretion whether to be approved this request.
- For written cancellation received 50 days prior to commencement of a course, a refund will be provided of tuition fees paid less a 20% administrative fee will be made. For packaged program such as, Double Diploma and Certificate IV & Diploma program, commencement of a course means THE COMMENCEMENT of THE FIRST COURSE.
- If the student provides less than 50 days but more than 20 days written notice of intention to withdraw prior to commencement of course date, a refund will be provided of tuition fees paid less a 50% administrative fee. For packaged program such as, Double Diploma and Certificate IV & Diploma program, commencement of a course means THE COMMENCEMENT of THE FIRST COURSE.
- After course commencement, there is a death of a close family member of the student. To be considered, the death must be a parent, a sibling, a spouse or their child. The fee that has been paid for study periods not commenced will be refunded less a 20% administrative fee.
- After course commencement, the student has become ill to the effect that the illness will prevent them continuing the enrolled course. The fee that has been paid for study periods not commenced will be refunded less a 20% administrative fee. Student must provide the evidence to MSQ.
- After course commencement, there is political, civil or natural events that have affected the students country and family. This request for refund will be reviewed and considered by the CEO, it is the CEOs discretion whether to be approved this request.
- For cancellation less than 20 days prior to commencement of a course, fees paid are non-refundable.
- For cancellation after commencement of a course, fees paid are non-refundable.
- Where the student’s enrolment is terminated due to non-attendance, non-progression, non-payment of fees and/or non-compliance with the school’s code of conduct, course fees paid are not refundable.
- If a student applies for RPL and the application is unsuccessful, there will be no refund.